Returns Policy and Extended Warranties
We want you to be satisfied with every purchase you make. If an item you purchased arrived broken, is faulty or isn’t what you had in mind, we’re here to help, subject to the below terms.
This policy forms part of the Medical Equipment Supplier Terms and Conditions. We are committed to operate our store in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and all policies are subject to the applicable law.
7 Days Exchange and Refund Policy
We will refund or exchange faulty goods if you return them within 7 days of purchase, provided:
- it is in its original packaging and condition, including all attachments, accessories and documentation;
- it is unused
Goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired, replaced or refunded at no cost to you. See Repairs and warranties
Defective or Damaged Goods
If your goods turn out to be defective, Medical Equipment Supplier will repair them, replace them or give you a refund. We can help you to arrange a third party courier by calling 0128802052.
The courier service will be charged at the going rate for your area and Product specifications. Please note that a technical assessment will take place to determine whether goods have been damaged or what the cause of a failure or defect may be. This is important as it determines whether the goods may be repaired, replaced or refunded.
If your goods show a defect after the initial 6 month period, but still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, Medical equipment supplier will send the goods to the manufacturer for repair and the manufacturer will decide whether you have a valid claim and if so, whether they will repair or replace. If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, we can arrange with the manufacturer or its agents to repair them. No repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first.
Should an item be damaged or defective, please contact our Online Customer Support Centre on 0128802053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to arrange for the earliest convenient collection date. Please make a note on the delivery waybill of damages as well. Once returned to the store, the Product will undergo an assessment following which a decision be made on the replacement of the item. Promotional free or bundled items that were part of a purchase must also be returned.
Log a return/refund
Once we have assessed a returned item and approved a refund, you will receive your money back in the same manner in which you purchased it from us:
- Credit note
- Electronic transfer directly into your account (5 to 7 days)
- Cash (if the original payment was made in cash)
- Credit card (by reversal back to your credit card and subject to banking delays)
- Cheque – within one week of request and only once your original cheque is cleared
- Gift card
We will refund a purchase for the exact amount paid less the following:
- Credit note
- any delivery costs already incurred by us
- any restocking fee for special orders
- Please note that there will be a 15% handling fee charged for all returned items.
Repairs and Warranties
If you have purchased a Product which is defective within its warranty period, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods.
After the 6 months’ statutory warranty has expired, some Products have an extended warranty. These warranties are usually stated in the Product brochure, and may be subject to the manufacturer’s specific terms and conditions.
Out of Warranty Repair
Medical Equipment Supplier can assist you to have the goods repaired by acting as an agent on your behalf. The law requires the following in respect of repairs:
- The manufacturer or its repairs agent must quote you first and you need to accept the quote before the repair can take place
- The quote must include the supply and installation of replacement parts, as well as the labour costs
- You must also give authorisation for diagnostic work in order to determine the scope of the required repairs